Published: Wed, July 11, 2018
People | By Leon Thompson

Second Phase Of Thailand Rescue Pulls 4 More Boys From Cave

Second Phase Of Thailand Rescue Pulls 4 More Boys From Cave

Four boys were rescued Monday, the Thai navy confirmed, bringing the total rescued to eight since operations began Sunday.

The operation on Monday went more smoothly than on Sunday and took two hours less as the practice became more refined, he said.

"The weather conditions and other environments today are as good as yesterday".

The eight freed boys of the Thai soccer team may have seen daylight for the first time in weeks, but they still can not come face-to-face with their loved ones. "And we will do it faster because we are afraid of the rain".

The eighth boy from a group of 12 who have been trapped in a flooded cave in Thailand for more than two weeks has been rescued.

A fifth boy was brought out earlier on Monday, a navy official said.

The world has been hooked on the fate of the group of Thai boys trapped in a cave and the heroic attempts to rescue them. Still, they were undergoing medical checks in a hospital and were not yet allowed close contact with relatives due to fear of infections, who were able to see them through a glass partition. The delivery announcement comes on the second day of an operation to remove the boys.

Having completed this section, the boys are then handed over to separate, specialist rescue teams, who help assist them through the remainder of the cave, much of which they can wade through.

Trips from the entrance to where the team is trapped and back to the entrance take about 11 hours and include walking, wading, climbing and diving, the BBC reported.

An ambulance carrying one of the boys rescued from the Tham Luang cave network on Sunday.

Divers have rescued four more boys from a vast cave system in northern Thailand on the second day of a challenging mission, as the first four rescued boys recover in hospital.

Dominic Raab is the new Brexit secretary
Later on Monday night, Johnson's replacement was announced: Jeremy Hunt, who was previously the Health Secretary. The Sun, Britain's biggest-selling newspaper, said there had been "blunder after blunder" by May.

Officials said Sunday that it may "take days" to bring all 12 boys and their coach to the surface. His colleagues said they would "not let the sacrifice of our friend go to waste".

Their escape led to an explosion of jubilation on social media in Thailand as the rescued boys were rushed to hospital.

The potential for rising water and the dwindling oxygen levels added to the urgency of getting the team out. There was a heavy but brief downpour Monday morning.

"The Prime Minister wants this to be a lesson, this should not happen again in Thailand", Narongsak said.

On Sunday night, Thai navy SEALs posted a celebratory note on their Facebook page, saying: "Have sweet dreams everyone".

Police and military personnel use umbrellas to cover around a stretcher near a helicopter and an ambulance at a military airport in Chiang Rai on July 9, 2018, as rescue operations continue for those still trapped inside the cave in Khun Nam Nang Non Forest.

Rescuers are moving ahead quickly because they are afraid monsoon rains will completely flood the caves. More than 1000 journalists from across the world have descended on northern Thailand to report the story. Monday's mission involved 18 divers from Thailand and overseas.

But although the eight were rescued, there were concerns they may have contracted an illness while in the cave.

Musk tweeted several videos of divers trying out the submarine in a swimming pool of a high school in Los Angeles.

All preparations, including replacing the oxygen cylinders positioned along the route out of the cave, take at least 20 hours, he said.

Like this: