Published: Mon, May 14, 2018
Research | By Jody Lindsey

Video shows iPhone exploding, catching fire in Las Vegas fix shop

Video shows iPhone exploding, catching fire in Las Vegas fix shop

Surveillance video shows an iPhone exploding and catching fire in a Las Vegas store.

The device, which was reportedly an iPhone 6 Plus, was brought to the store to get repaired.

It's believed the offending phone's screen was due for replacement as a result of a heat-damaged battery. Seconds before the explosion, smoke was visible around the phone.

The owner of a different phone fix store told the news outlet that an overheated battery could possibly have caused the explosion, as well. In less than 20 seconds, the phone burned itself out, and the fire was gone. The good news is that no one was injured in the fiery explosion, though the employee's underpants are likely the worse for wear. In January, an iPhone exploded in an Apple Store, and everyone had to be evacuated. Apple has made no official comment on this explosion.

He has seen a phone explode before but "It takes a lot for it to explode".

Devon Energy Corp (NYSE:DVN) Stock Price While Sentiment Dive
It is negative, as 51 investors sold DVN shares while 257 reduced holdings. 94 funds opened positions while 188 raised stakes. Considering that the stock daily volume of 13.5 million shares, this represents a pretty noteworthy trading in volume size.

However, just recently an iPhone 6 has caught fire, this time in the USA, and the explosion happened to get caught on surveillance video.

Paul Tartaglio owns Gadget Repair.

While he says it's extremely hard to predict when a battery could explode, Tartaglio said the key is to keep phones out of direct sunlight during the summer.

"The problem is when it bloats up just a little bit, it can cause your screen to crack a lot easier", Mr Tataglio told the news station. They suggest keeping your phone out of direct sunlight or heat, especially in the summer.

Like this: