Published: Fri, April 06, 2018
People | By Leon Thompson

YouTube Shooter Felt Cheated By The Company

YouTube Shooter Felt Cheated By The Company

Early the next day, Mountain View police found Aghdam sleeping in her vehicle a few miles from Alphabet's headquarters.

Family members of the woman who opened fire at YouTube's headquarters this week were stunned by news of the attack in San Bruno, California, but said they warned police ahead of the shooting.

The shooter's family later distributed a statement outside the home saying it was "in absolute shock and can't make sense of what has happened". "Although no words can describe our deep pain for this tragedy, our family would like to express their utmost regret for what happened to innocent victims".

Its said officers spoke to her, asked why she had left home and, crucially, whether she meant to hurt anybody. "I apologize. All the USA people, all the humans, I apologize".

Three people were shot, a fourth suffered an ankle injury. Monday night, Nasim slept in her auto, and her father reported her missing.

Officials said Aghdam did nothing to suggest she was a danger to herself or others when they found her asleep in a Walmart parking lot the next day.

Already seething over YouTube's crackdown on videos she routinely posted, Aghdam took the gun home with her on January 16, the same day the internet giant announced a bigger revenue crackdown on content creators like her.

It was a 9mm Smith and Wesson that had a capacity of 10 rounds. A while later, though, the father called back to let officers know that his daughter posted health and vegan videos on YouTube, and was apparently furious at a recent update to her account.

"I am sorry. I can't believe it", he told reporters Wednesday.

Saba Qamar's 'Hindi Medium' opens big in China
It collected approx Rs 40.81 crore ($6.28 million) on its second day, taking its 2-day total to a huge Rs 63.06 crore ($9.70 million).

"They didn't do anything and she got killed and 3 or 4 more people got hurt. I did the best I can to avoid it but the cops didn't do their job". Caldwell declined to identify the range, but said employees of the range reached out to police after the shooting to report that Aghdam had practiced there.

Police say he also never told them she could become violent or pose a threat to YouTube employees. "Throughout our entire interaction with her, she was calm and cooperative... she in no way met any reason for us to speak with her further or possibly detain her". Officers spent almost two hours Wednesday at the Jackson Arms Shooting Range in South San Francisco, a few miles from the YouTube headquarters.

Unfortunately, for those injured inside of Youtube HQ, police could have prevented these injuries.

"If there are articulable facts that lead us to have a heightened degree of suspicion there could be violence, at that point we need to notify our neighboring agencies or whatever jurisdictions the neighboring security that may be involved with", said chief Bosel.

In her online postings, Aghdam had complained that some of her videos, which showed her demonstrating some exercise techniques, were allegedly flagged as adults-only content which may have lost her ad revenue.

During the 20-minute interview with officers early Tuesday, she did not mention being angry with YouTube or having accused the company of suppressing her video posts. He added that investigators were looking into those questions.

Investigators on Thursday continued scouring Aghdam's digital footprint to piece together her movements and motive and determine whether anyone else might have known about her plans. It was not clear why police later said the people shot were not specifically targeted. Rather, the shooting seemed motivated by her anger at YouTube's "policies and practices", he said.

On Monday, he called police to report his daughter missing after she did not answer the phone for two days and told officers that she might go to YouTube, he said. "Whether that rises to the level of terrorism hopefully will be determined in the next couple weeks". The third victim, a 36-year-old man initially classified by hospital officials in critical condition, had his condition upgraded to fair on Thursday.

Like this: