Published: Fri, February 23, 2018
Sport | By Cameron Gross

Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo says Yannick Carrasco negotiating move to China

Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo says Yannick Carrasco negotiating move to China

Dalian, who won promotion to the Super League in 2017 after winning League One, have also been heavily linked with Atletico Madrid duo Fernando Torres and Yannick Carrasco.

Reports yesterday claimed Wanda owner Wang Jianlin would sanction the acquisition of the club, but Dalian Yifang has so far refused to comment directly on the speculation.

As reported by AS, Carrasco has made a decision to call time on his three-year career with the La Liga side, after finding it increasingly hard to maintain a regular spot in manager Diego Simeone's starting XI.

The Belgium worldwide has gone on to make 100 appearances for Los Rojiblancos and famously scored in the 2016 Champions League final against Real Madrid.

Guardiola charged by FA for wearing political message
Though, the Catalan boss has been charged by the FA following a supposed breach of The FA's kit and advertising regulations. That could be as soon as next week, with City taking on Arsenal in Sunday's Carabao Cup final at Wembley Stadium.

The 24-year-old, who has only started eight times for Atletico this season, has apparently fallen out of favour with Diego Simeone, who has preferred services of his new boys Diego Costa and Vitolo.

With Koke being preferred in the wing position this season, the Belgian has found it hard to cement a starting role at the Wanda Metropolitano and has been seen as more of an impact sub for the side over the campaign.

Atletico bought Carrasco from Monaco in the summer of 2015 for an estimated 15 million euros and the French club is reportedly entitled to 25 per cent of any fee if the player is sold on. Fonte becomes by far their biggest player, with one-time Ivory Coast global Yannick Boli also well-renowned.

Like this: