Published: Wed, February 21, 2018
Medical | By Johnnie Horton

Vegas police: Suspect in killings of 2 homeless men arrested

Vegas police: Suspect in killings of 2 homeless men arrested

"We have a suspect in custody, and we're relieved that a unsafe person is off the streets", Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Capt. Robert Plummer told reporters.

A suspect has been identified in connection with the series of shootings in Las Vegas that appeared to target the homeless.

Metro detectives today submitted a declaration of warrant to the Clark County District Attorney's Office for Castellon's arrest on two counts of murder and two counts of attempted murder, police said.

According to police, the first shooting happened about 12:30 a.m. on January 29 in Logandale, where the victim was shot and suffered nonlife-threatening injuries outside of a convenience store.

"It's basically an execution", Lt. Dan McGrath of Las Vegas Metropolitan Police had said.

"I wouldn't be able to explain a motive or why somebody does this, but he did not explain a motive", McGrath said.

Calls for gun control grow louder after Florida shooting
Florida politicians, meanwhile, scrambled to produce legislation in response to the February 14 attack that killed 17 people. At one point in the chat, he wrote, "I think I am going to kill people". "There's always a way around it".

In a press conference, Homicide Lt. Dan McGrath said a patrol officer stopped Castellon on February 8, as he was sleeping in his vehicle, for a field interview.

A day later, officers stopped Castellon, and he agreed to a formal interview.

Joshua Castellon, 26, was arrested on February 16 by a special agent with the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, Las Vegas police said in a release. His arrest came after he told police that he bought the revolver to resell it to a "friend of a friend", the complaint indicates.

A few hours later, a gunman killed a man sleeping with a group of homeless people outside a mall. Police were later notified that another homeless man had been taken to the hospital with a gunshot wound to the head.

The most recent victim was a homeless man named James Lewis, who was killed while he was sleeping under a bridge on February 2, officials said. She also told police she confronted her husband and asked him if he was the shooter after seeing surveillance videos from the scenes that had been made public but he denied it, the document states.

McGrath said police have not found the weapon and believe Castellon may have sold it or had someone get rid of it.

Like this: